CAREFIRST SENIORS & COMMUNITY SERVICES ASSOCIATION is a non-profit charitable community services agency established since 1976.
OUR MISSION is to ensure that seniors and others in need of services, living in Toronto and surrounding areas, enjoy a high quality of life in their communities. We strive to maximize their well-being through a range of social, health care, and supportive services planned and delivered through an integrated model of care. We will ensure that a comprehensive range of services are delivered by an effective team of professionals and volunteers.
We will achieve the above mission by:
- Delivering client-centred services that reflect an integrated model of care.
- Providing top quality and culturally relevant social, health care, and support services to our clients.
- Ensuring a professional and caring attitude in all our client relationships.
- Achieving optimal wellness levels in our clients by encouraging them to participate as actively as possible in their communities.
- Promoting in the broader community an awareness of our clients' needs for social, health care and support services.
- Advocating to the government, voluntary and private sectors on issues relating to policies and programs that affect our clients.
Carefirst will be a leader in providing comprehensive, responsive, client-focused programs to seniors and others in need of services in the Greater Toronto and surrounding areas.
Respect client and family's right to co-design and participate in decision making about service utilization, their health and wellness.
Provide and promote excellence in service through its quality standards and best practices.
Responsiveness to Diverse Community Needs
Respect diversity within the community through the provision of culturally and linguistically sensitive services.
Respect for Staff
Value the contribution of all employees by making every effort to meet their professional needs.
Integrated Care Approach
Consider the needs and well-being of clients, families and caregivers by using an inclusive, holistic service approach.
Provide services in a professional manner, ensuring that programs are delivered by qualified and competent staff.